The Dassault Falcon 900, commonly abbreviated as the F900, is a trijet French-built corporate jet aircraft made by Dassault Aviation.
The Falcon 900 is a development of the Falcon 50, itself a development of the earlier Falcon 20. The Falcon 900 design incorporates composite materials and an S-duct to feed the central engine.
Improved models include the Falcon 900-B, featuring improved engines and increased range, and the Falcon 900EX featuring further improvements in engines and range and an all-glass flight deck. The Falcon 900C is a lower-cost companion to the Falcon 900EX and replaces the Falcon 900B. Later versions are the Falcon 900EX EASy and the Falcon 900DX. At EBACE 2008, Dassault announced another development of the 900 series: the Falcon 900LX, incorporating high mach blended winglets designed by Aviation Partners Inc. The same winglets are certified for the entire Falcon 900 series as a retrofit kit.
- Falcon 900: Announced in 1984. Original production. Powered by three 20 kN (4,500 lbf) Garrett TFE731-5AR-1C turbofan engines. It was certified in 1986 by French and U.S. aviation authorities.
- Falcon 900 MSA: Maritime patrol version for Japan Coast Guard. This variant is equipped with search radar and a hatch for dropping rescue stores.
- Falcon 900B: Revised production version from 1991. Powered by 21.13 kN (4,750 lbf) TFE731-5BR-1C engines.
- Falcon 900C: Replacement for 900B with improved avionics. Introduced in 2000.
- Falcon 900EX: Long range version, with 22.24 kN (5,000 lbf) This variant features TFE731-60 engines and can store more fuel to give an increased range of 8,340 km (4,501 nm; 5,180 miles). Improved avionics (Honeywell Primus). It entered service 1996.
- Falcon 900EX EASy: 900EX with Enhanced Avionics System (EASy) incorporating ground-breaking T-shape configuration of Honeywell Primus Epic avionics and path-based flight display.
- Falcon 900DX: Shorter-range production type. TFE731-60 engines.
- Falcon 900LX: Current production variant of EX fitted with blended winglets designed by Aviation Partners Inc.. Improved range of 4,750 nmi (8,800 km).
- VC-900A: Italian military designation for the 900EX.
- VC-900B: Italian military designation for the 900EASY.
Specifications (Falcon 900B)
|Length||20.21 m (66 ft 4 in)|
|Wingspan||19.33 m (63 ft 5 in)|
|Heigh||7.67 m (25.2 ft)|
|Wing area||49.0 m2 (527 sq ft)|
|Empty weight||10,255 kg (22,608 lb)|
|Max take off weight||20,640 kg (45,503 lb)|
|Power plant||3 × AlliedSignal TFE731-5BR-1C turbofans, 21.13 kN (4,750 lbf) thrust each|
|Maximum speed (Sea level)|
|Maximum speed (High altitude)||950 km/h (590 mph, 510 kn) ; Mach 0.85 (at 11,000 m (36,000 ft)|
|Ferry range||7,400 km (4,600 mi, 4,000 nmi) with 8 passengers|
|Service ceiling||15,500 m (50,900 ft)|
|Rate of climb|
|Design load factor|