According to information published by the United States Department of Defense on August 19, 2022, the United States has approved a new military aid to Ukraine worth $750 million including rocket launchers, artillery systems, drones, armored and tactical vehicles, and anti-tank weapons.
This new military aid from the United States worth $750 million includes:
- Additional ammunition for the High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems, known as HIMARS.
- 16 105 mm howitzers, along with 36,000 rounds for the artillery. The United Kingdom has supplied 105 mm howitzers to Ukraine in the past.
- 15 ScanEagle unmanned aerial systems for reconnaissance.
- Mine clearing systems, including 40 MaxxPro Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicles with mine rollers that will allow Ukraine to neutralize areas heavily mined by Russia in the south and east.
- Additional high-speed, anti-radiation missiles, known as HARM missiles, for integration into Ukrainian aircraft to seek and destroy Russian radars.
- 1,500 tube-launched, optically tracked, wire-guided anti-tank missiles, known as TOWs.
- 1,000 Javelin anti-armor systems.
- 2,000 anti-armor rounds to be used in existing anti-armor systems, many of which have already been provided by allies and partners such as the Carl Gustaf weapon developed by Sweden.
- Other security assistance includes 50 Humvees, tactical secure communication systems, demolition munitions, night vision devices, thermal imagery systems, optics and laser rangefinders.