According to information published by the United States Department of Defense (DoD) on September 15, 2022, the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) announces the authorization of a Presidential Drawdown of security assistance valued at up to $600 million to meet Ukraine’s critical security and defense needs. This authorization is the Biden Administration’s twenty-first drawdown of equipment from U.S. DoD inventories for Ukraine since August 2021.
In total, the United States has committed approximately $15.8 billion in security assistance to Ukraine since the beginning of the Biden Administration. Since 2014, the United States has committed approximately $17.9 billion in security assistance to Ukraine and more than $15.1 billion since the beginning of Russia’s unprovoked and brutal invasion on February 24.
To meet Ukraine’s evolving battlefield requirements, the United States will continue to work with its Allies and partners to provide Ukraine with key capabilities.
The new military aid from the United States includes:
– Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS);
– 36,000 105mm artillery rounds;
– 1,000 precision-guided 155mm artillery rounds;
– Four counter-artillery radars;
– Four trucks and eight trailers to transport heavy equipment;
– Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems;
– Mine clearing equipment;
– Claymore anti-personnel munitions;
– Demolition munitions and equipment;
– Small arms and ammunition;
– Night vision devices, cold weather gear, and other field equipment.